High-Quality Learning and Outcomes
Putting students first means ensuring they can gain the knowledge and skills they need to be successful in life.
How we will get there:
- Appoint a Provincial Curriculum Advisory Panel to help shape the provincial curriculum with a focus on foundational knowledge students need to succeed.
- Launch a Teachers’ Idea Fund to support innovative projects and approaches in the classroom.
- Develop a provincial framework of clear and measurable expectations for student learning.
- Put in place new provincial assessments to monitor student outcomes, with school-level data made available to local communities.
- Provide early intervention in reading, writing and math to ensure all students have solid foundational skills.
- Establish a Minister’s Advisory Council on Inclusive Education to assess professional learning needs and enhanced classroom-level supports and ensure timely access to clinical services.
- Strengthen pathways to success and close achievement gaps for Indigenous students through an Indigenous Inclusion Strategy and Elders and Knowledge Keepers in Schools Initiative.
These are just some of the priorities to support teachers and improve student outcomes through High-Quality Learning and Outcomes—one of four pillars for student success in the Better Education Starts Today: Putting Students First strategy.